Christmas Celebrations are always incomplete without Christmas Cakes. The celebrations are always complete when a dessert is served at the end of a grand fest. What can be better than special Christmas cake on this occasion for desserts? Here we teach you how to make a simple yet delicious Christmas cake.
Name of the cake: Quick
Preparation Time: 25
Cooking Time: 3
and a half hour
Number of Ingredients: 14
Ingredients: Melted butter, to grease, 800g dried mixed fruit, 410g jar
fruit mince, 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind, 1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice, 1/3 cup (80ml) brandy, 250g Western Star Chef’s Choice Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled, 1 cup
(200g) firmly packed brown sugar, 2 cups (300g) plain flour, 1 cup (150g)
self-raising flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice, 4 eggs, lightly whisked, 1 cup (160g) blanched almonds, 2 tablespoons apricot jam, warmed Preheat the oven to 150°C.
With melted butter grease a deep 22cm round cake pan. With 3 layers of
non-stick baking paper, line the base and side expanding 5cm above edge. In a large saucepan add the dried fruit, fruit mince, orange rind and orange juice
and put it over medium low heat. Cook and stir the mixture for 10 minutes or
until the fruits soften. Remove the pan from heat and set it aside for at least
30 minutes and allow it to cool. After the mixture has cooled add brandy and
stir it again to combine the brandy with the mixture.
Step three:After the brandy perfectly mixes add some butter and sugar to the fruit mixture.
Again start stirring to combine the mixture well. Add the combined flours and
mixed spices and continue stirring to combine.
Add the eggs and stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the
surface. Tap the saucepan lightly on bench top to settle the mixture. Arrange
the almonds over the top of the cake.
Bake in the cake in the preheated oven for exactly 3 hours 15 minutes. You can also
try inserting a skewer in the cake such that the skewer inserted into centre
comes out clean, covering cake loosely with foil if over browning.
Remove the cake from oven. Brush the steamy hot cake with apricot jam. Cover cake with
the foil. Wrap cake in a large tea towel and set it aside for overnight to allow
it to cool completely.
the cake has been completely cooled bring out your knives, forks and platters
and savor the delightful and yummy cake.
Christmas Cake Recipe Easy Steps – YouTube Video
Merry Christmas Greetings 2016
- Christmas brings family and friends together; it helps us appreciate the love in our lives we can often take for granted. May the true meaning of the holiday season fill your heart and home with many blessings.
- May this holiday season sparkle and shine, may all of your wishes and dreams come true, and may you feel this happiness all year round.
- During this season of giving, let us take time to slow down and enjoy the simple things. May this wonderful time of the year touch your heart in a special way. Wishing you much happiness today and throughout the New Year.
- Having you as my friend makes me feel as if it is Christmas every day. The warmth and comfort that comes with this season reminds me of you.
- May the message of Christmas fill your life with joy and peace. Best wishes to you and your family during this holiday season.
- Wishing you peace, joy, and all the best this wonderful holiday has to offer. May this incredible time of giving and spending time with family bring you joy that lasts throughout the year